Spinal decompression is a non-surgical treatment that aims to relieve back pain and other neurological symptoms caused by a herniated disc putting pressure on the spinal nerves and even the spinal cord.
Spinal decompression works by reducing the pressure inside the affected disc and facilitate the transfer of fluids, nutrients and oxygen back inside the disc. This can help to reposition herniated discs and relieve the pressure on the affected neural structure(s).
HERNIATED DISC – Pressure inside the disc is so great that a tear occurs in the disc wall leading to pain and other neurological conditions.
DECOMPRESSED DISC – A reduction of pressure inside the disc aids in drawing nutrients, oxygen and moisture back into the disc.
- PAIN RELIEF – Spinal decompression relieves pains and other symptoms caused by spinal nerve compression.
- IMPROVED MOBILITY – Improved mobility and range of motion as a result of restored disc function and relieved pressure on the spinal nerves.
- NON-INVASIVE – A non-invasive treatment that does not involve surgery.
- LOW-RISK – Well-tolerated and minimal side effects, makes it a low-risk treatment option.
- COST EFFECTIVE – A cost-effective alternative to surgery and other more invasive treatments.